Principal Security Consultant
Pamela O’Shea, Ph.D.
Dr. Pamela O’Shea is an experienced penetration tester and security consultant with a software engineering and professional research background. Her area of expertise is in penetration testing (web, mobile and network) with a strong passion for addressing the root causes of security issues.
Pamela received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Limerick, Ireland in 2006 and her Bachelors in Telecommunications in 2002.
Pamela has previously worked for Accenture, Deloitte, Securus Global and BAE Systems. After transitioning from software engineering and research roles, Pamela has worked as a security consultant for eleven years. Nine of which have been as a full-time penetration tester for some of Australia’s largest companies across the financial, government, media, resources and telecommunications sectors.
In addition to her work, Pamela is actively involved in the technical security community with some of her activities including:
- Paper review board member for Black Hat Asia
- Paper review board member for BSides Canberra
- Programme chair for the OWASP Melbourne conference
- University lecturer for the RMIT master’s in cyber security (practical ethical hacking module – INTE2102)
- Conference trainer for conferences such as OWASP Melbourne and 0xCC
- Conference speaker and workshop presenter at security conferences including: Black Hat Asia, BSides Canberra, Ruxcon, OWASP AppSecDay and Platypuscon
- Founder of Cyberspectrum Melbourne, a meetup with a focus on software defined radio (SDR) and security of the airwaves
- Founder of haXX, a group dedicated to teaching technical security testing skills to women who wish to break into the security field covering penetration testing, network forensics, reverse engineering and Python
- Pamela has also been featured in the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age newspapers for careers in cyber security, as well as being interviewed on the Risky Business security podcast on web application security
Nivedita Seewoosunkur, MappSc
Nivedita Seewoosunkur has a background in software engineering and technical consulting. Having previously worked as a data integrity officer and consulted on both SAP and Oracle product suites, Nivedita now applies her skills to information security.
In the past, Nivedita has previously worked for the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, AGILEUM and VESL Technologies.
Nivedita graduated with a Masters in Information Security from RMIT University in 2018 and a Bachelor of Computer Science from the University of Mauritius in 2015.
Nivedita now specialises in penetration testing of web applications and networks with her main research area focusing on network security and defence evasion.
In addition, Nivedita is actively involved within the Australian information security community, with some of her activities including:
- Speaker at BSides Melbourne 2020 on bypassing Endpoint Detection and Response systems (EDR)
- Conference coordinator for speakers, trainers and volunteers for OWASP AppSecDay Melbourne 2019
- Technical teaching assistant for haXX, a group dedicated to teaching technical security testing skills to women who wish to break into the security field covering penetration testing, network forensics, reverse engineering and Python
- Technical teaching assistant for the RMIT master’s in cyber security (practical ethical hacking module – INTE2102)
- Active member of local security meetups including Ruxmon, SecTalks and OWASP as well as security conferences such as BSides Canberra, BSides Melbourne, OWASP Melbourne and 0xCC
Jonathan Mitchell, CA
Jonathan’s background in business management comes as a significant benefit to Shea Information Security. Having commenced his own service business in 2002 and with five years business experience behind him, Jonathan then turned his attention towards accounting services.
After completing his Bachelor of Business and Accounting at RMIT University in 2009 Jonathan began work in taxation and business services. In 2014, Jonathan became a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants ANZ.
His role with Shea Information Security now involves business administration and management accounting duties.